Both Melvin and Ellie tasked their Secondary 1 History classes with posting questions on Chapter 3 and 4 and then choosing the inquiry question for their classes. These are the inquiry questions the classes worked on.
To view, click on the inquiry question.
- Why weren’t the people in Singapore being caught when they smoked opium in the 19th to early 20th century?
- Was life tougher during the 19th and early 20th century or was life tougher during WWII?
- 1C - Was life tough under British rule?
- Was Singapore an attractive option for the poorer immigrants to come during the 19th century? Why?
- Why did Singapore become a prosperous and busy port in the 1900s?